Welcome to Shawn White Blog
Live life to its fullest! Discover hope, embrace science-based medicine and become your own advocate at Shawn White Blog. This site is dedicated to personal advocacy, helping people with cancer and making the most of every moment.
Join me and Discover Hope
Hope, the cute, yet terrifying mouse. She has guided us, continues to guide us and will always guide us. Hope is our faith, love and belief we can make the best of any situation. With Hope we can find our way through any hole, overcome any obstacle and put a smile on anyone’s face.
The more we know, the better off we are. Throughout our lives we’ve been told ignorance is bliss, but you and I know this to be false. Imagine how many lives could be saved if others with cancer knew more about their terrible disease at the start of their journey? If I had even a fraction of my knowledge when first diagnosed I would have walked a completely different path. I would have understood why a NET specialist was essential, I would’ve been more powerful and demanded excellence from my health care providers. Clearly, I cannot travel back in time to change the events in my life, and even if I could, I wouldn’t. It sounds utterly insane, but getting cancer was the best thing to ever happen to me. Since I was a youngster I have been searching for a purpose, and now I have one. My purpose is to help you avoid the pitfalls in this terrible journey by casting a light on the many holes to reduce the horrors you must face. If I get to help just one person, then my pain had a purpose, and that gives me peace.
What is Neuroendocrine Cancer
I have a really cool kind of cancer, but not a really cool one to have. It is a decently rare type that does all sorts of amazing things to the human body. These amazing things aren't very fun to experience, but when we look at them objectively it is incredibly fascinating. My cancer is called Neuroendocrine Cancer, now this disease does all the terrible things regular cancer does. It, like a lazy roommate trashes our house, eats all our food and progressively wrecks our home. It also has the ability to synthesize and secrete hormones. One tumor can create a multitude of hormones. Now these little microscopic criters are delightful when they are in the proper amounts, but when they are too high or too low they start causing serious problems in the body. An example is serotonin, most people associate serotonin with the happy feel good hormone juices in our brain, but this only accounts for about 10% of it, the rest can be found throughout our body, and is synthesized in the gut by enterochromaffin cells and are used predominantly for bowel motility. If a tumor is producing serotonin in high doses it may cause a cancer patient to have 10 to 20 bowel movements a day and may even destroy their heart valves, resulting in serious health complications.
Now this isn't all the hormones, others might include adrenocorticotropin hormone, histamines and various other hormones. If that wasn't bad enough, the tumor can be very difficult to find with imagining technology. Neuroendocrine cancer is incurable, so once you have it, it will never go away, no matter how many tumors you’ve cut out, your new friend will be your besty for life.
Is there hope for people with cancer?
If we are alive there is always hope. It doesn't have to manifest in the form of a potential cure. Life is about living the highest quality we can. Cancer has had a huge impact in my life. I have had many friends and love ones endure this challenging road and I want to help others see the pitfalls they will face so they may avoid or minimize the pain when they are confronted by these obstacles.
Shawn White what do you have to offer me?
If you dig people who live with a purpose, you will enjoy your time with me. I love humanity and I have dedicated my existence to inspiring others, bringing joy to their lives and helping people help themselves.
There is so much horror in the world, but that doesn't mean we have to succumb to it and surrender. We can stay strong even when are weak, see hope when we can never be healed and live life with love. In every second there is a snap shot of infinite beauty, and no matter how hard life becomes, if we have hope we can make the most of every moment.
- Poem 6 You want me to do somethingA poem about love, heart break and hurt.
- Poems 5Five poems in one sweet podcasts by Shawn White. Blooming Sadness, At Peace, Magical Ways and In our Life.
- Poem 4: Simply GorgeousA loving poem from one heart to another.
- Have a Dancingly good time by Subscribing!Subscribe and discover all the amazing moments at ShawnWhiteBlog.com!
- Poem 3: The Empty HandThis show airs every Saturday.
- Demand service from your Doctor! Living Life 11Demand respect and effective treatment from your healthcare team. They work for you! Make them earn every dollar.
- The people who inspire me... Living Life 10The more love we give, the more love that is given. Let me tell you about one man who has inspired me.
- Billed over $100,000 for one PET scan Living Life 9How much was I billed for one PET scan? Was I billed $1,000? $10,000? $100,000? Think bigger!
- You are amazing!You are amazing and the world is a beautiful place!
- Knowing Hans Living Life 8Hans was a magnificent human being, one of the most powerful souls I have ever known. It was an honor, a privilege, a gift to have known him.